The Bill of Rights

Home Forums Constitutional Rights The Bill of Rights

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Are We Aware Of Our Rights To Freedom?
    By Denise Heath

As children, we learn right from wrong, mainly from our parents (then at school and at church). I learned at an early age that I did not like getting into trouble. In fact, I did everything I could to stay out of trouble. So one could say I was a pretty good kid. But I also liked to push the limits as far as I could – and more than once, that got me grounded. It felt like a life sentence, the worst possible punishment my parents could inflict upon me.
    I grew up aware of what I could do, and what I couldn’t do. My parents gave me the freedom to speak my mind, as long as I did so respectfully. They gave me the freedom to go anywhere I wanted – but I had to respect the rules of the house, which included a curfew. They let me be a kid, act out, and be silly but not inappropriate.
    Over time, I learned that our country was founded on similar rules and regulations. We have natural rights and freedoms. And with that, we have limits and boundaries. If we do not follow the laws of the land, we can get into trouble. But very few nations enjoy what we have been given – the right to enjoy life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
    READ MORE AT: CaregiverOklahoma.com/digital-issues

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by admin.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.